After many rumors and leaks finally HMD Global has launched Android powered Nokia 6. The much-anticipated smartphone is now official in China. The phone costs CNY 1699 in China which translates to ₹16,700 approximately. This is the first phone HMD Global launched after they acquired the rights to use Nokia branding last year. HMD Global also notes that in the first half of 2017 they plan to launch more phones.
Without saying much, let’s get straight into the specifications. In front, the phone features a 5.5-inch Full HD Display with Gorilla Glass protection and 2.5D curved glass. Underneath the hood, the device has an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor. It has also got 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage and runs Android 7.0 Nougat. The phone has got a 16 MP f/2.0 camera and in the front, it has a 8 MP f/2.0 camera.
Earlier Nokia was famous for their amazing build quality and designs. It looks like HMD Global is carrying it correctly as the device looks well built and features an aluminum alloy unibody design. Nokia 6 will be selling China through JD.com. As said earlier the device will cost CNY 1699 which is around $250. Below is what Arto Nummela, CEO of HMD Global said,
Just a short while ago we announced the launch of HMD Global. From the outset we have stated that we intend to move with speed to establish a position as a player in the smartphone category and create products that truly meet consumer needs. The Nokia 6 is a result of listening to our consumers who desire a beautifully crafted handset with exceptional durability, entertainment and display features.
The Nokia 6 is exclusive to China and you can’t buy it directly from India. As of now, you need to wait until the next Nokia branded phones are launched from HMD Global. However, if you are thinking to get the phone imported why not have a look at the specifications? Below are they mentioned.
Nokia 6: Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery